1. I will make myself a priority this year- this year I will learn to take care of myself. I know by taking care of myself, I will want to take care of others. I will be happier/healthier and more able to be there for others. By taking care of myself, I will be a great role model for my children. They will see that I take care of myself by my actions.
2. This year, I will add gratitude into my life. I will take time every day to realize all that I have. I will make sure to be self-aware of all the good in my life.
3. This year I will take gratitude a step further and thank the people in my life for being part of my life. I will go out of my way to let the people in my life know how much I appreciate them.
4. Pay it forward – this year I will pay it forward whether it’s thru random acts of kindness, volunteering or mentoring. I will make sure to help others in need. This will allow me to help others while helping myself. By paying it forward, my kids will see how important it is to help others, to respect others and respect ourselves.
5. I will step outside of my comfort zone, I will take risks. I will make sure to challange myself. When we are taking risks, we are at our happiest. By taking risks, we will be growing and moving forward instead of feeling stale and stagnate.
6. Along with taking risks, we need to be growing both personally and professionally. Make sure to always be learning. This can be formally thru classes, college, etc or it can be informally thru discussions, reading, current events, etc. If your constantly learning, you will feel the affcets of happiness.
This is just a few ways to start the year off right. These are daily life changers not just goals. By adding these tips into your daily life like gratitude, pay it forward etc. You will be adding happiness into your own life.