If you’re looking to have a more optimistic and resilient lifestyle then it’s time to look at the things that bring us the most happiness. If we add these tips into our daily life, we can feel more balanced and optimistic.
What brings us happiness:
1. Happiness is a choice, a perspective – it’s the way we look at life. It’s like the old saying: Is the glass half full or half empty – it’s up to you. Make the choice to see life in a positive state of mind.
2. Having specific personality traits can lead to happiness such as: Kindness, patience, empathy, caring, sympathy and good intentions. These traits are learned. If you don’t have them, learn them and then pass these traits onto your kids. Be a Positive Parent by teaching your kids these personality traits through your actions. Be a great role model.
3. There are specific personality traits that make us feel stressed and overwhelmed such as: Perfectionism, controlling, trying to keep up with the jones, fear, lack of communication and having problems saying NO. Again, the good news: these traits are learned, you can get rid of these traits. Become aware of how negative you are & what triggers these negative traits. Once you are self-aware, you can work on removing the negative traits from your life.
4. The happiest people have a strong support group. This doesn’t mean you must have a large group of friends/family, it means you have a handful of people you can trust and love being with. A good friend/family member makes you feel good about you and brings out the best in you.
5. Emotional Detox – look around at your life, if you have “Toxic” people in your life, you have to think why? If the toxic people are people you don’t have to keep in your life then it’s time to re-evaluate the relationship and decide is this relationship making me feel bad about myself? If you have toxic people you can’t get rid of, then think about what kind of boundaries and limitations you can set up. A toxic person makes you feel emotionally drained and exhanusted most of the time. They are self-centered.
6. Emotions are contagious. If your surrounded by positive people it will rub off on you but the opposite is true. If your surrounded by negative people, it will bring you down. Choose the positive.
7. Happy Parents = Happy children. If you want your children to be happy, then you need to be happy. Children are visual learners. If your actions/behaviors are negative, the kids will see it and follow. Watch how you act!