1. Take a “Time-out”- seperate yourself from work. Take a breather to refresh and refuel. Do something different then your work for a few minutes.
2. Go for a walk – exercise produces endorphins, reduce stress and creates a sense of calm and happiness. This will help spark your creative juices.
3. Go back to your childhood – daydream, doodle, laugh – have fun with no judgement.
4. Daily needs are met – make sure you are eating right, getting plenty of sleep, hydrated and exercising. If your basic needs aren’t met – you will feel cranky, irritable, low energy, fatigued, loss of focus and concentration just to name a few…..
5. Add variety – spice up your life and your thoughts. Do something different everyday. Just little things like take a different route to work, try anew food or drink, a new perfume, etc. Be daring and creative!
6. Meditation – relax and thoughts just come. Meditation gives you a mental break. After you meditate you will feel refueled and creative.
7. Brainstorm – set up brain storming sessions with peers. Just throw out ideas and thoughts but again no judgement…..
8. Visualize if you can see it, you can achieve it. Visualize your goals.
9. Change your environment – work from home, go to a coffee house or a book store even a library. Change your scenery.
10. Expressive writing – write out your thoughts. Free write – whatever comes to you, write it, don’t judge it. Then read it later and you will be surprised by your creativity.