- Do one thing at a time – we are a society of multi-tasking BUT to be mindful we really need to slow down and do one thing at a time. Really focus on the task, get totally absorbed on what you are doing. Get into “Flow”
- Simplify your life – don’t fill your day just to be occupied. That is just being busy without purpose. Do the things you enjoy and love. Don’t waste time and energy on things that are just Fillers.
- Take time each day to do nothing – I mean nothing. This doesn’t mean though time or nap time. It means just sitting and observing. Try to clear your mind completely and enjoy the silence.
- Be in the present – your past is a teachable moment. Don’t forget it or you will repeat it. Take the past as a lesson- what did I learn from this then take the lesson with you but don’t live in the past. Plan for the future and then let it go.
- Be an active listener which means you’re in the moment. When someone is talking to you stay present. Don’t think about anything else. Stay focus. Give direct eye contact. Ask questions. Summarize. Show you’re listening by your non verbal’s such as hand and face gestures.
- Focus on your breathing – just stop and breathe. Feel the air as you inhale through your nose. Hold the breathe for a few seconds then slowly exhale through your mouth. Do this a few times and you will be surprised how quiet your mind becomes
- Practice kindness towards others
- Nature- you don’t have to do anything special to feel the effects of nature – go for a walk, lay in the sun, go for a swim, etc
- Respect for everything living- we are all connected