Monday Challenge – Building a spiritual practice
I started last week with the first 8 steps towards creating your spiritual practice. I hope you were as excited about this challenge as I ‘am.
This week I’m giving you more tips to keep you on your spiritual journey. Let me know how your doing?
1. Do I clear the mental clutter at least once a day by quieting my mind through various techniques like meditation, deep breathing, focusing on the present moment, being in nature, etc.
2. Do I observe the beauty all around me at any given time. In the fall we can notice the leaves falling, the different colors on the trees, feel the breeze in on our faces, feel the crispness in the air, etc.
3. Do I pay attention and enjoy the simple things in my life that bring me happiness on a daily basis such as the cuteness of my pet, the laughter of our kids, the first cup of coffee, seeing the sun shine through your window when you wake up, etc.
4. Do I pay it forward on a daily basis? each random act of kindness brings joy to others but also gives the giver a boost of happiness. What a win-win for everyone!
5. Gratitude – do I remind myself of all I have and feel the appreciation with it?
6. What do I eat? Am I putting healthy foods into my body? ” We are what we eat” is so true. Keep a food journal for a week and see what you eat and remember to be honest! You can really get an idea of why your body is running well or not by what your feeding it. Remember, your soul is protected by your body – treat it well!
7. Are you an inspiration/role models to others? Not just our own kids but everyone around you. Do you portray the type of person people feel inspired by?
8. You can stop the search for God/universe/higher power/source and instead remind yourself that its already within you and is all around you.
For more information please visit Diane’s website at: www.dlcounseling.com
or email Diane at Lifeline36@aol.com
I love to get your questions and hear your thoughts/comments please keep in touch!
Wednesday, October 9, 6pm – I Am Enough Warren Community College, NJ Telephone – 908-835-2333 Thursday,October 10, 6pm – What Kind of Smart Are You? Hofstra University, Long Island Telephone – 516-463-7200Saturday, October 12, 10am – Living Your Best Life, the Second Half Brookdale Community College, NJ Telephone – 732-224-2303Wednesday, October 16, 7pm – Re-Entering the Workforce – A Free Workshop Berkeley Heights Public Library, NJ Telephone – 908-464-9333Thursday, October 17, 7pm – What Kind of Smart Are You? Ramsey Community School, NJ Telephone – 201-327-2025October 17 & 24 at 1pm – Living your best life series- “Free Workshop”Montville Public Library, NJTelephone -973-402-0900 ext 227 Friday, October 18th – Grief – “Free workshop” Oakville Senior Center, CT Telephone – 860-945-5250Monday, October 21,6:30pm – Declutter Your Life and Reduce Stress Brookdale Community College, NJ Telephone – 732-224-2303Wednesday, October 23, 7pm – Declutter Your Life and Reduce Stress Ramsey Community School, NJ Telephone – 201-327-2025Thursday, October 24, 6pm – Declutter Your Life and Reduce Stress Warren Community College, NJ Telephone – 908-835-2333Saturday, October 26, 10am – Declutter Your Life and Reduce Stress Union County College, NJ Telephone – 907-709-7601Monday, October 28, 7pm – Letting Go of Anger Westfield Adult School, NJ Telephone – 908-232-4050