Gratitude Check- August’s Happiness Habit
For our second Happiness Habits monthly challenge we will be adding gratitude into our daily routine. Gratitude is a form of meditation so you will reap the same benefits of relaxation, mindfulness and reducing stress. I have been doing gratitude for years, I feel its the best habit I have added into my life.
When you wake up in the morning before you even get out of bed take a few minutes to do a gratitude check.
1. Start off your gratitude check with a deep breathe in through your nose then exhale through your mouth
2. Say 3-5 things you are grateful for that will be happening today. Someday’s will be easier then others.
There are days I wake up and my first gratitude saying is: I’m grateful I woke up! Then other days my list flows.
Starting your day with gratitude will help you start the day on a positive foot forward.
End your day with gratitude- whatever your thinking about 20-30 minutes before you go to sleep will affect how you sleep and how you wake up. For many of us our negative chatter starts right before bed. We start saying things such as: Why did I do that today? How will I get this done tomorrow? I can’t believe what a mistake I made? etc.
To help declutter our negativity we will do a gratitude check at bedtime.
1. Go into bed like your ready for sleep – lights and TV off.
2. Take a deep breathe through your nose and exhale through your mouth, repeat a few times till your body feels relaxed.
3. Say 3-5 things your grateful for in general.
Gratitude will help you sleep better and wake up in a better mood.
What are you grateful for?