Eight Tips To Taking Back Your Power!
Isn’t it time to live your dreams, Be fearless and have fun!
1. Stop apologizing unless you really hurt someone. Use “Excuse me’ instead of sorry. Many women frequently apologize for no reason and we don’t need to.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want -feel the fear, face it, accept it then work right past it. You can’t get what you want if you don’t ask!
3. Don’t hold your tongue in fear of speaking up – if you have something important to say then say it!
4. Try, Try and try again – if you fail and it doesn’t work then your on the right track. You can’t get to success without working your way through failure. All success stories had their moment of failure first.
* Think about it – is failure really bad or is it a learnable, teachable moment? I think we all know the answer to that question! So, go make a few mistakes on your way to success
5. Be in good company – remove the emotional clutter. If your surrounded by toxic people it will be hard to be more then a caretaker for them. Your life will be filled with other people’s drama. Declutter it and surround yourself with people who bring you up!
6. Spend time alone – learn to be comfortable with yourself- it all starts there. Time alone will build a strong sense of self.
7.Stop saying yes when you mean no- if you truly don’t want to do something then don’t. Will you feel guilty afterwards? probably but that will fade in time. It took me a few months of saying no before I was comfortable with even the sound of NO but I realized saying No was the healthier choice for me. The goal is to be healthy.
8. Stop putting yourself last – how do you expect to take care of others if you can’t take care of yourself? How can you be the role model for your kids if you don’t show them how to take care of themselves?
* Remember – Learning to say no is part of self-care
I know for me tips # 2 & 7 were the hardest and I constantly find myself working through my fears but when I do the rewards are huge. Whatever is hard for you is just a sign to work on. Lets get our power back and live our dreams.