Post Thanksgiving Gratitude:
Having gratitude as a permanent trait rather then temporary gratitude moments is important. People who live grateful lives have better health, take better care of themselves, manage stress better, problem solve better and are more optimistic ( which boosts your immune system).
So, even thought the holiday of “Thanks” is over, gratitude should be a part of your daily routine.
How To Cultivate Gratitude…
1. Every day should include a gratitude check whether its first thing in the morning or right before bed.
Take a few minutes to ask yourself what am I grateful for? Try to think of 3-5 things your grateful for but if all you get is one or two, its still a powerful exercise.
2. Dig Deeper – one a day a week spice up your gratitude by naming one thing your grateful for and then list a few reasons why. Going deeper really intensifies the grateful feeling.
3. Gratitude can be done in various ways – you can say it out loud, in your head or write it down. They are all great but for some writing down your gratitude makes it more concrete and also creates a journal which you can look back on as a reminder of all the good.
4. Say thank you to others – this is a win-win for everyone. It will make you feel good as the giver and the receiver of gratitude will feel great. A perk is the person receiving the gratitude is more likely to seek an on-going relationship with you and socialization is a key factor to happiness.
* Being grateful to others can improve your social life and networking in business – Bonus!
Benefits Of Gratitude…
1. Gratitude helps people have a better night sleep- remember gratitude is a form of meditation so you get all the perks of meditation like de-stressing, feeling calm and peaceful.
2. Gratitude makes us more empathetic and sensitive to other’s needs.
3. Gratitude reduces many negative emotions such as anger, resentment, jealousy, envy, comparing yourself to others, frustration, etc.
4. Gratitude also increases happiness levels and reduces depression.
*These benefits are HUGE and enough of a reason to start being grateful today and everyday!
ABOUT DIANE LANG:
Diane Lang – Positive Living Expert, life coach and psychotherapist – is a nationally recognized speaker, author, educator, therapist and media expert. Lang is extremely mediagenic and offers expertise on a variety of health and wellness topics about creating balance and finding happiness through positive living as well as multiple mental health, lifestyle and parenting needs. In addition to holding multiple counseling positions, Diane is also an adjunct at Montclair State University.
Lang has been interviewed for numerous magazine and newspaper articles and has been a frequent guest on radio and TV shows including “Fox & Friends” on the Fox News Network. Lang a regular featured expert on the “Expat Show” broadcasted weekly on the New York ABC affiliate WTBQ-AM, and a Blogger.
Lang speaks to employees of large companies to help reduce stress in the workplace and speaks to parents about how to create balance and find happiness along with a variety of other health and wellness topics. For rates or to book Diane Lang contact DLcounseling2014@gmail.com
Diane is also the author of two books: “Baby Steps: The Path from Motherhood to Career” and “Creating Balance and Finding Happiness.