Ten Steps To Having A Great Year:
1. I will make myself a priority this year – I will learn to say “No” to others when I feel overwhelmed and stressed. I will say “Yes” to my needs and wants. This year, I will learn to put myself first and make myself a priority. If I don’t take care of myself how will I take care of others?
2. I will be grateful for what I have – I will take time to pause and think about all I have. This isn’t about material objects and stuff. This is about my abundance of love, warmth, comfort, care and empathy towards myself and others. This year I will make room for gratitude checks where I spend a few minutes each day thinking about all I have in my life and just being thankful for it all.
3. I will pay it forward constantly without any expectation. I will give more of myself every day. I will inspire, help and empower others on a daily basis.
4. I will step outside of my comfort zone this year – I will take risks, add variety and become more creative. This year I won’t be stale or stagnate. The word: Bored will be removed from my vocabulary.
5. This year I will be a great role model – this will make me a better parent, mentor, friend and educator. I will teach through my actions.
6. This year I will become fully aware of my negative thoughts, comments and actions towards myself and others – I will make a conscious effort to be more positive and respectful of myself and others. I realize positivity is contagious and I want to spread as much of it as I can.
7. This year I will live in the present – I will let the past be in the past but learn from it. I will stop worrying over the future, I will plan for the future and then just live in the now.
8. I will spend less time this year trying to control others and be perfect – neither one is possible and even though we all know this, we don’t always follow it. The only thing we can control is ourselves.
9. This year I won’t try so hard to be something/someone I’m not – I will not compare myself to others, try to keep up with the Jones or wish I was someone else. This year I will spend time alone and learn to like my own company. I will become fully aware of who I am. This is the year of me!
10. This year I will let go of expectations of what could be or should be but instead just live and enjoy my life – sometimes we get so caught up in our unrealistic expectations that we forget to just enjoy the life that is here right now. Our present life is where we should always be. I will enjoy each moment, the simple things, nature, animals and all the beauty around me.
ABOUT DIANE LANG:
Diane Lang – Positive Living Expert, life coach and psychotherapist – is a nationally recognized speaker, author, educator, therapist and media expert. Lang is extremely mediagenic and offers expertise on a variety of health and wellness topics about creating balance and finding happiness through positive living as well as multiple mental health, lifestyle and parenting needs. In addition to holding multiple counseling positions, Diane is also an adjunct at Montclair State University.
Lang has been interviewed for numerous magazine and newspaper articles and has been a frequent guest on radio and TV shows including “Fox & Friends” on the Fox News Network. Lang a regular featured expert on the “Expat Show” broadcasted weekly on the New York ABC affiliate WTBQ-AM, and a Blogger.
Lang speaks to employees of large companies to help reduce stress in the workplace and speaks to parents about how to create balance and find happiness along with a variety of other health and wellness topics. For rates or to book Diane Lang contact DLcounseling2014@gmail.com
Diane is also the author of two books: “Baby Steps: The Path from Motherhood to Career” and “Creating Balance and Finding Happiness.