By: Diane Lang
Conscious living is being aware and awake to our truth all day,everyday. Its being conscious of our choices and questions we ask ourselves. Its going through the clouds to find clarity in our lives. Its being more aware of the joy and beauty around us. Its being mindful of others including nature and animals. We can live a conscious life by asking simple questions throughout our day. These questions keep you aware and awake while living your authentic self.
Morning questions to start your day off:
1. What am I grateful for? – its always great to start your day off with appreciation.
2. What kind of day do I want to have? – making a conscious choice to create the kind of day you want.
3. How can I be of service to others? – whether its through your career or paying it forward, we are our happiest when we help others.
4. What can I do today to get closer to my goals? This gives you an action plan for the day.
5. How am I feeling? Am I feeling off either physically or emotionally? Both? What can I do to shift my mood?
During the day questions – keep the positivity going:
1. Check in with yourself twice a day. Once in the late morning and once in the afternoon. Ask how you are feeling? Tune into yourself. Our bodies can feel our emotions such as stress and anxiety. Being aware of where you hold negative emotions on your body can be a great way to notice when you need to make changes.
2. Are my basic needs met? Am I getting enough exercise?
* Did I get enough natural sunlight/Vitamin D today?
* Did I take a few minutes to just breathe and relax?
* Did I drink enough water?
* What am I eating and when?
* Have I smiled today at as many people as I could? A Positive Psychology exercise is to smile at 10 people a day. Smiling produces endorphins which make us feel good.
Evening questions – how do I end my day?
1. What am I thinking right before I go to bed? The thoughts you have before bedtime will affect how or if you sleep and how you wake up.
* Here are a few questions to ask yourself before bed to go from negative to positive:
* What are 3 things I did well today?
* What did I learn today?
* You can always end your day with another gratitude check.
2. Did I show love to friends/family in my life? Everyday is a gift. If you see it that way then everyday you will want to share your love more freely and openly.
3. Was I my authentic self today? Being your true self removes any guilt that you can get from trying to be someone your not.
4. Did I give myself enough hours to sleep tonight? We need 8 hours.
Living consciously is a lifestyle. These questions are habits you form, that change the way you live. Consider how living consciously will not just affect you but everyone around you. Try living consciously today.
ABOUT DIANE LANG:
Diane Lang – Positive Living Expert, life coach and psychotherapist – is a nationally recognized speaker, author, educator, therapist and media expert. Lang is extremely mediagenic and offers expertise on a variety of health and wellness topics about creating balance and finding happiness through positive living as well as multiple mental health, lifestyle and parenting needs. In addition to holding multiple counseling positions, Diane is also an adjunct at Montclair State University.
Lang has been interviewed for numerous magazine and newspaper articles and has been a frequent guest on radio and TV shows including “Fox & Friends” on the Fox News Network. Lang a regular featured expert on the “Expat Show” broadcasted weekly on the New York ABC affiliate WTBQ-AM, and a Blogger.
Lang speaks to employees of large companies to help reduce stress in the workplace and speaks to parents about how to create balance and find happiness along with a variety of other health and wellness topics. For rates or to book Diane Lang contact DLcounseling2014@gmail.com
Diane is also the author of two books: “Baby Steps: The Path from Motherhood to Career” and “Creating Balance and Finding Happiness.