Happiness and Spirituality:
By: Diane Lang
The Connection between Happiness & Spirituality
We know that people who have a religious belief or a spiritual foundation tend to be happier and are likely to live longer. Whether you find yourself to be religious or spiritual or both, you can find yourself being happier then those who don’t.
1. Having a spiritual/religious foundation brings with it a sense of community. You will hear from people when things get rough. For example: While going through a tragedy, the church or temple will bring meals, offer prayer services, babysitting, etc. These types of communities join together to form a supportive network for those who are in need. This is extremely important to our state of well-being.
2. Spirituality and religion both teach that the root to everything is love. It teaches kindness, compassion, inspiration, hope and all the positive emotions we need to feel happy and live longer.
3. It becomes a source of meaning in life. It allows us to feel there is something bigger then us. It offers answers to the bigger questions in life such as: What is my purpose? What is the meaning of life?
4. It teaches connection and gives us comfort with our biggest fears such as death.
5. It offers faith and trust in a higher power and ourselves.
6. It allows us to see the miracles in everyday occurrences such as the birth of a child, sunrises, sunsets, leaves changing colors, the smell of the ocean, etc. These occurrences force us to live in the moment. We are happiest when we are in the now.
7. It teaches us unity, empathy, patience, truth, sympathy and a variety of positive character traits.
8. We are taught the meaning of gratitude and appreciation.
9. We are taught to be of service to others and pay it forward. When we do random acts of kindness we feel a boost of happiness that can last 24-72 hours and it raises our self-esteem.
ABOUT DIANE LANG:
Diane Lang – Positive Living Expert, life coach and psychotherapist – is a nationally recognized speaker, author, educator, therapist and media expert. Lang is extremely mediagenic and offers expertise on a variety of health and wellness topics about creating balance and finding happiness through positive living as well as multiple mental health, lifestyle and parenting needs. In addition to holding multiple counseling positions, Diane is also an adjunct at Montclair State University.
Lang has been interviewed for numerous magazine and newspaper articles and has been a frequent guest on radio and TV shows including “Fox & Friends” on the Fox News Network. Lang a regular featured expert on the “Expat Show” broadcasted weekly on the New York ABC affiliate WTBQ-AM, and a Blogger.
Lang speaks to employees of large companies to help reduce stress in the workplace and speaks to parents about how to create balance and find happiness along with a variety of other health and wellness topics. For rates or to book Diane Lang contactDLcounseling2014@gmail.com
Diane is also the author of two books: “Baby Steps: The Path from Motherhood to Career” and “Creating Balance and Finding Happiness.