What the holidays are truly about – a reminder!
1. Paying it forward – doing small acts of kindness each and everyday – trying to make the world a better place
2. Being grateful for all you have – we never really realize how much we have until we stop to remember how great our lives are at this moment.
3. To be in the moment – to enjoy each and every moment of the holiday – every card, call, hug, smile, cup of hot chocolate. Every moment is precious and should be treated that way.
4. Noticing the small miracles that happen in our lives everyday – the smile my daughter gives me, the miracle that she was born, the miracle of my own life, the sun rising each day, etc.
5. Having the ability to give and receive love
6. Taking action – not just wanting or trying to be better but actually being the best person you can be and by sharing your gifts we make the world a better place
7. Being a great role model to our kids and all of society.
8. Realizing what’s truly important this holiday season and every day of our lives – “LOVE”
9. Taking the time to find “You” not the you, you were told to be, not the you, you think everyone wants to see, not the you – your parents or society said to be BUT the real YOU!
10. Realizing everything is a teachable, learnable moment. There are no true mistakes or failure, they are all learning lessons. Never fear failure!
11. Stop worrying about gifts this holiday – you actually are bringing gifts when you bring your love, spread your love and joy, embrace each person with a hug, your friendship, warmth and caring – isn’t that what the holidays are really about? Everything else is just filler.
12. We are all connected and should treat each other(and animals/nature) with respect, kindness and compassion.
13. It’s a time for forgiveness- this includes forgiving yourself. Forgiveness heals and is a sign of growth and acceptance.
DECEMBER workshops 2015:
Tuesday, December 1 – 9:30am – Positive Psychology
Rutgers Social Work Department, NJ
Wednesday, December 2 – 7pm – Coaching Yourself to Success
Emerson Community School, NJ
Monday, December 7 -7pm – De-stress for the Holidays
Morris Hills Adult School, NJ
Tuesday, December 8 – 7pm – Finding Fulfillment over 50
Montclair Adult School, NJ
Phone: 973-744-0500 ext 2224