It’s okay to be miserable.
If that’s where you are, then embrace it.
Know that it’s not a permanent place.
The only constant is change.
So, where you are today doesn’t mean it’s where you will be tomorrow.
It’s just the place your at currently.
Don’t try to hide it or run away from it.
It’s only going to delay it.
The emotions need to be felt.
The tears need to be cried.
The anger needs to be vented out.
The hurt needs to be healed.
So, if you are feeling miserable, don’t fight it.
Just be in this place.
Feel it and let life flow.
You will be someplace else soon.
6 Ways To Feel Your Painful Feelings:
1. State the facts without judgement – Feel your feelings but don’t judge them. Just look at the facts. If you don’t know why you feel a certain way, that’s ok. Just state the facts such as: I feel hurt but I ‘m not sure why?
2. There is no right or wrong – whatever your feeling is fine. Don’t try to change or justify your feelings. Be honest with yourself, you can’t work through feelings if your lying to yourself or avoiding feeling them.
3. There is no negative feelings. We classify certain feelings as “negative” but the truth is your human and all feelings are normal. We need to feel the anger, hurt, sadness, loneliness, etc. to heal.
4. Don’t criticize your feelings – we are our own worst critics and we can make our situations worse by criticizing what we are feeling. This keeps us in a negative cycle.
5. “Why” – try to figure out why your feeling the way you are? The why helps us understand where the emotions are coming from. Are we really upset over something that happened today or is it triggering other past hurts? Is it hitting a nerve?
6. Feel to Heal – most importantly, feel your emotions. Feeling the pain, anger, etc. might cause you to cry, scream, punch your pillow, etc. We cant get through the pain if we don’t feel.
For more information please visit: dlcounseling.com or email DLCounseling2014@gmail.com