With the New Year just starting, we get very excited for all the possibilities and opportunities that could come to us. It’s the time of year when we feel like we have a fresh new start. Let’s make the best of the New Year by taking action and moving forward.
9 tips to make 2019 the best year yet!
1. Don’t try to do it all at once. Baby steps keep us moving forward in a realistic manner without feeling overwhelmed.
2. Start with 1 or 2 goals. Give these goals your full focus and attention. Don’t have too many goals, where you spread yourself to thin and become easily frustrated or feel like giving up. Make sure you have a realistic time frame to accomplish your goals, if you don’t give yourself enough time to accomplish them, you can set yourself for failure.
3. Write your goals down. When we write our goals down, we are 42% more likely to accomplish them. If you share your goals with others who believe in you, your chances go up even further.
4. After your write your goals then put down at least 2 action steps to get there. These are the steps that push us in the right direction. The action starts the momentum.
5. Re-evaluate your goals and action steps every few months – are they realistic? Are the time frames you set up realistic?
Did you accomplish your goals and its time to make new ones?
6. Feed your desires – what new information do you need to learn to accomplish your goals? Do you need to go back to school? Get a certificate? Professional or personal development?
7. Why- What’s your “why” behind your goals? The why keeps you motivated. The why helps you keep going when you feel like giving up.
8. Risks – what risks can you take weekly to reach your goals? What makes you feel uncomfortable? What fear comes to the surface? When we take risks/step outside our comfort zone we cause growth.
9. Who inspires you – who is living your dream? Follow them on social media, read their books, listen to their podcasts, etc. Learn from them.
JANUARY 2019 Workshops Open to the Public
Wednesday, Jan 9, 10:30am – New Year, New You
Mount Saint Mary College – Desmond Campus, NY
Thursday, Jan 10 & 17, 1pm – Positive Aging
Montville Public Library, NJ
Wednesday, Jan 16, 630pm – Transitioning into High School
Denville Middle School, NJ
Wednesday, Jan 23, 7pm – Positive Parenting
Roxbury Public Library, NJ
Thursday, Jan 24, 930am – Positive Psychology
Rutgers University, NJ
Wednesday, Jan 30, 1030am – Positive Aging
Montclair Adult School, NJ
Phone: 973-744-0500 ext.2224
About Diane Lang
Therapist, Educator and Life Coach
As a Therapist, Educator and Positive Living Expert, Diane has dedicated her career to helping people turn their lives around and is now on a mission to help them develop a sustainable positive attitude that can actually turn one into an optimist, literally.
Through her three books, “Creating Balance & Finding Happiness”, “Baby Steps: the Path from Motherhood to Career” and “ Mindfully Happy- waking up to life.” Diane has been speaking and empowering people nationwide. She is also an Adjunct in Psychology at Montclair State University, where her college work includes mentoring students for personal issue advisement.
As an expert in her fields of therapy, Lang has been featured in the Daily Record, Family Circle, Family Magazine, Working Mother Magazine and Cookie Magazine, seen on NJ 12 TV, Good day CT, Style CT, The Veira Network, CBS TV and “Fox & Friends”. She has also participated in a reality based Internet show, ourprisoner.com, hosted Generation X-tinet.