Monday Challenge – How simple it is to have a great life
We make life harder then it needs to be. There are so many simple things we can do in our everyday life that would make our lives fuller and richer. We could live a positive lifestyle, it’s a realistic goal. Below I will list many simple ways to add happiness into your daily lifestyle. Make each of these simple things part of your daily lifestyle and see/feel the changes….. It’s easier then you think. Take the challenge and try a few each day and see how you feel, you might be surprised by the results.
- See the glass half full not half empty – change your perspective/view and the world changes with you
- Wake up each day with a “Gratitude check” – take the first few minutes of each day to appreciate all the good in your life. Each day remember you woke up, you could see the sun shinning, you have a roof over your head, food to eat, water to drink, air to breathe, friends to talk to and much more.. There is always something to be grateful for, it’s just reminding yourself of it.
- Flow – each day try to do an activity that you love that life just flows for that time. It could be ten minutes or a few hours but just make sure to add flow into your daily life.
- Make sure your basic needs are met – did you drink 8-10 glasses of water each day ( not tea, coffee or soda), did you get at least 7-8 hours of sleep, did you eat healthy, exercise, etc. Our cognitive abilities and state of mind depends on our basic needs being met. Make your health a priority.
- Did you show love today – did you give a hug, a kiss, hold someone’s hand, pat then on the shoulder. If not, then go give a hug ASAP!
- Thank you – always say thank you to anyone and everyone who deserves it. Also, remember to say Sorry if it’s needed as well. Keep open lines of communication
- Be an active listener – no interruptions, be patient and let the person speak, really listen and pause before answering, summarize what they said and ask questions if needed.
- Be an empathic listener – imagine how the other person is feeling. Put yourself in their shoes.
- Have a Career not a job – do what you love.
- Smile, laugh – all are contagious – spread the joy.
- Step outside your comfort zone today – take a small risk each and everyday.
- Stay in touch with your friends and family.
- Visualize your dreams each and every day. If you can’t see it, you will have trouble reaching it.
- Take a vacation – refuel and refresh, you will be more productive and creative in both your personal and professional life.
- Be a great role model – your kids will follow in your shoes.
- Pay it forward – random acts of kindness each and every day
- Perseverance – never give up
- Be self-aware – know yourself
- Less TV, Cell phones, Internet, Video Games, Social media and more face to face time with loved ones.
- Forgiveness – forgive for you so you can move forward with your life
- The past has some great teachable moments but don’t live in the past
- Live in the moment
- Plan for the future
- Work on what you CAN control in your life. If you can’t control it, let it go.
- Always ask for help if you need it.October workshops:Monday, October 21,6:30pm – Declutter Your Life and Reduce Stress Brookdale Community College, NJ Telephone – 732-224-2303Wednesday, October 23, 7pm – Declutter Your Life and Reduce Stress Ramsey Community School, NJ Telephone – 201-327-2025Thursday, October 24, 1pm – Happiness- Living an optimistic lifestyle- Free WorkshopMontville Public Library, NJ973-402-0900 Thursday, October 24, 6pm – Declutter Your Life and Reduce Stress Warren Community College, NJ Telephone – 908-835-2333Saturday, October 26, 10am – Declutter Your Life and Reduce Stress Union County College, NJ Telephone – 908-709-7601Monday, October 28, 7pm – Letting Go of Anger Westfield Adult School, NJ Telephone – 908-232-4050For more information please visit Diane’s website: www.dlcounseling.comor email Diane at Lifeline36@aol.com
Number 9 — seriously? You are insulting a lot of working people by your implication that it’s a matter of choice. Those of us who do what we love are lucky. The rest of us have to remember we’re lucky just to be collecting a paycheck. And if that paycheck is for something we don’t particularly enjoy — well, that’s why they call it work.
Im sorry you feel that way. I understand your comment. The truth is we are happier when we have a Career not a job and there is a lot we can do to find a career and not have a job.
I have been in the shoes of having a job for many years and wasn’t happy. I worked a day job while starting my dream career at night working 12 – 14 hours day so I could make the switch. It was not a judgment or meant to be rude. I just give tips that can make a difference in one’s life. If you cant have a career and have a job I hope that job enables you to do what you love. Thanks for writing and expressing how you feel.
I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thx again! “All that is gold does not glitter not all those that wander are lost.” by J. R. R. Tolkien.
Thank you so much for the comment. Have a great holiday!!